PSYCTOTHERM established in 1969 as a ship repair company for refrigeration and air conditioning equipment. Today considered as one of the largest companies covering three main activities:
- MANUFACTURING: Air Condition Units , Refrigeration Units, MGO Coolers and Coils.
- TRADING: International trading, distributing and representing famous manufacturers of refrigeration equipment from all over the world.
- SERVICES: Maintenance, repair, design, construction & installation of refrigeration and A/C units.
The strategic objective of R&D department is to develop and bring into the market integrated, cost-effective and case-sensitive RES solutions. Our vision is to reduce carbon emissions during energy production by developing cost competitive solutions that are tailored to the needs and requirements of the users and the installers.
Examples of research activities:
- the improvement of the performance and the reduction of the cost of an innovative multi source heat-pump, in combination with the development of tools that facilitate appropriate sizing, control, operation and evaluation, we perform flexibility modelling, resulting in a software that will be used to control the overall system.
- the development and optimal design of a heat-to-power system based on the organic Rankine cycle (ORC) technology, for recovering the waste heat from the cooling circuit of ships’ engines and converting it into electricity, which at the same time, contributes to the enhancement of the ship's energy efficiency and to the reduction of pollutant emissions, which are subjected to strict regulations by the IMO.
We engage with all relevant stakeholders in co-designing the solutions that suit their needs and expectations.
This way we pave the way for bringing the developed solution to the market and ensuring wide adoption!
Seal of excellence I IE-E
Large amounts of excess heat are currently wasted in various industrial processes, remaining unexploited...
Seal of excellence II HEAT MARINE
One of the main needs of shipping companies is to improve the energy efficiency of their ships, in order to reduce fuel consumption...
Biomass is a raw residual of biological origin in agriculture and consists a renewable energy source, which remains unexploited in many cases...
The research project has as main objective the development and the optimum design of an Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC)...
The research project TRI-MAX has as main objective the development, construction and experimental assessment in real environment...
Recent established shipping regulations are gradually banning the burning of classic heavy oil (HFO) due to its high content...
RES4LIVE is a research project that incorporates a sequence of technical tasks and actions that will finally lead to a high degree of...
Years of Experience